The Eighth Annual Workshop on Immigrant Languages in the Americas (WILA 8) – 12-14 Oct 2017
Thanks to all participants of WILA 8 for a tremendous workshop!
We are looking forward to next year’s WILA at University of Wisconsin- Eau-Claire.
If you haven't already, please sign up on the heritage-language list, administered by the University of Oslo, in order to get news about WILA 9.
Proceedings of WILA 8
As mentioned during the workshop, an agreement has been formed with Cascadilla Proceedings Project about a series of WILA proceedings. Series editors are Janne Bondi Johannessen, University of Oslo, and Michael T. Putnam, Penn State University; editors for the first volume are Jan Heegård Petersen and Karoline Kühl, University of Copenhagen.
Thanks to generous support by the Department of Nordic Studies and Linguistics at the University of Copenhagen, there will be no publication fee for the authors.
In order to avoid fees for the authors, we will accept 12-14 papers. The papers will be peer-reviewed twice, first internally, then by external reviewers.
Please note: As we aim for a quick publication process, the maximum length of a paper is set at 4000 words, including headings, references, etc. We will provide you with information on Cascadilla Proceedings’ formatting guidelines once your paper has been accepted.
- Submission of first version of papers: December 15, 2017. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Revision period: February 15 – March 15, 2018.
- Submission of final version March 15, 2018. Please submit to email@example.com
WILA 8 Local organizers were
Karoline Kühl, Jan Heegård Petersen, Gert Foget Hansen and Frans Gregersen.
WILA 8 Organizers were
- Birna Arnbjörnsdóttir, University of Iceland
- Joshua Bousquette, University of Georgia
- Angela Hoffman, Uppsala University
- Chad Howe, University of Georgia
- Janne Bondi Johannessen, University of Oslo
- Michael Putnam, Penn State University
- Joseph Salmons, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- The Seventh Annual Workshop on Immigrant Languages in the Americas
October 27–29, 2016, University of Georgia
- The Sixth Annual Workshop on Immigrant Languages in the Americas
September 24-26, 2015, Uppsala University
- The Fifth Annual Workshop on Immigrant Languages in the Americas
October 17-19, 2014, UCLA
- The Fourth Annual Workshop on Immigrant Languages in the Americas
September 19-21, 2013, University of Iceland
- The Third Workshop on Immigrant Languages in the Americas
September 27-29, 2012, Pennsylvania State University
- The Second Workshop on Immigrant Languages in the Americas
September 21-24, 2011, University of Oslo
- Investigating Immigrant Languages in America
September 16-17, 2010, University of Wisconsin-Madison